This will be a “typical” council meeting complete with obnoxious council members, passive aggressive members, members acting in conflict, unreasonable owners, and of course a very patient strata manager.
There will be break out sessions to workshop the more complicated or controversial issues that arise at council meetings.
Some of the subjects that will be covered include:
- council meetings conducted by email
- decisions made between council meetings
- council member conflict of interest
- privacy of owners in arrears
- emergency repairs
- section 135 notices of complaint
- new maximum fines for short-term rentals
- dealing with draft depreciation reports and incomplete depreciation reports
- hearings under section 135 and section 34.1
- dealing with people elected to council who may not have been eligible for election
Shortly before the meeting, a package of information will be sent by email to all registrants, including an agenda, applicable sections of the Strata Property Act, and other content that will be used during the mock meeting and break out workshops. Printed copies will be provided to attendees at sign-in.
Fax/Email Registration form
| Matt Fischer has appeared in all levels of Court in British Columbia, and has conducted a variety of Court proceedings on behalf of his clients, including complex multi-party strata litigation and litigation dealing with property use, repairs, bylaw enforcement, collections, governance, and actions for damages.