Topics discussed will include:
- requesting quotes: clear scope of work, timelines, tips for success
- understanding paint, caulking/sealants, and urethane membranes
- WorkSafeBC regulations: ladders/scaffolding, COVID protocols, hazardous material abatement
- identifying “red flags” on projects and practical solutions to address
- treating your contractors well i.e. “common practices that drive contractors crazy?”
- learning how various building reports shape exterior painting quote requests
- understanding the role of consultants: paint inspectors & building engineers
Practical information appropriate for all property & building managers at every stage of their career.
Presenters: from Remdal Painting & Restoration
Jason Ewert – Painting Operations Manager
Jason supports our painting project managers and foremen with his experience managing complex projects, knowledge of paint systems, and attention to detail. He loves tackling challenging situations and coming up with simple, easy-to-understand solutions. He’s grown up in the painting business gaining a complex understanding of job sites, project management, property manager expectations.
Dave Humphries – Restoration Operations Manager
Dave is a problem solver in the industry – the one people come to with their head-scratching dilemmas. He’s a patient soul who takes the time to listen, offers solutions, and puts a humorous spin on things just to help you enjoy your day. With over 15 years at Remdal and many more in previous facility management positions, he currently oversees our Building Envelope Restoration division. He has completed hundreds of exterior painting projects in his career.
Paul Maryschak – Senior Manager Sales and Marketing
Paul handles multiple quote requests daily from all types of property managers. Using his 20+ years of sales/property management industry experience, Paul helps guide these quote requests to our project managers prior to proposal, client acceptance and project completion. He is passionate about creating memorable client experiences through personal interactions and relationship building. He also coaches minor hockey & baseball in Coquitlam.