Processing an owner’s rental hardship application is no easy task for a Strata Council. What constitutes hardship? When does the application need to be decided? What conditions can be imposed on a successful application, and how?
Please join Lisa Mackie (of Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP) in this seminar which will offer registrants a guide through the ins and outs of processing a rental hardship application.
Types: Advanced Topics
Do you know:
1. How to create types?
2. What kinds of types can you have?...
3. Whether you can have types within a section?
4. What to do when the contributions to the operating fund from a type exceed/are insufficient to meet the budgeted type expenses?
5. Who is responsible for making decisions in respect of types?
6. Where in the legislation you can look for help regarding types?
At this seminar you will learn the answers to these questions.
Presenter: Veronica Franco, Clark Wilson LLP.
8:30 – 9:00: Registration and breakfast
9:00 – 10:30: It’s a Hard Knock Life
10:30-10:45: Health Break
10:45 – 12:15: Types: Advanced Topics and Section
Email/Registration Form here
Lisa Mackie, Partner, Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP
Lisa Mackie is the leader of the Strata Property Practice Group and a member of the firm’s Insurance and Real Estate Practices. Her primary areas of practice are Strata Property Law and Residential Tenancy Law.
Veronica Franco. Partner, Clark Wilson LLP
Noise. Smoking. AirBnB. Leaks. Tenants. All issues and more that affect strata corporations and property managers on a daily basis. Veronica helps to balance the rule of the law with the reality of day-to-day life.